Friday, February 3, 2012

azul moon


Since becoming recently unemployed getting dressed in the morning has turned into quite the chore. At my previous job (evil doggie daycare that shall remain nameless) I could roll out of bed and go to work and no one would care because my main interactions were with canines. The audience doesn’t get as judgment free as a bunch of dogs. But now that I am back on the prowl (#cheetahgirl) for a job I have been examining every article of clothing I own. Some which have slipped under the radar for far to long.

I own a blue/azul modest v-neck sweater with flower appliqué on the left breast. When I purchased this sweater it was vintage. When I wore/cared for this sweater it became an abused item of clothing. It spent time on the floor, stretched out over disgusting wire hangers, and trampled upon by the babies (furbabies). So now when I pull out this once lovely sweater it appears to fit as a brown sack would. Lumpy and unforgivingly matronly. When dressing this morning however, I had to choose this particular item as I was dressing to hand in an application at a craft store with Christian under-tones (closed on Sundays, etc). I didn’t think they would appreciate my vulgar tattoos (women’s symbol, coffee cup, sass knucks).

After leaving aforementioned craft store however I was so filled with disgust towards this lumpy sweater that I had to switch it out for a more structured marching-band style wool jacket. The new addition to my outfit is possibly a couple shades cooler blue than the previous sweater, but for some reason it was eons more visually stimulating to me than the previous sweater.

I always find myself being particularly cleansed after I fight through my closet and purge it of all ill-fitting, outdated articles of clothing. More recently I have been replacing things that were bought on a whim or to satisfy a direct need at the time; with pieces that I can visualize myself in for years to come. My new mantra for closet life and real life is: quality not quantity.

No comments:

Post a Comment